Social copywriting can be considered as one of the best methods available for you to get your brand noticed among potential customer groups. However, you need to be careful to overcome the tough competition, so that you can end up with effective results. For example, 30 billion pieces of content are being uploaded to Facebook per month. Therefore, the posts you upload should have the ability to beat the competition and get noticed among potential customer groups.
The importance of excellent writing skills
If you want to get your posts noticed among potential customer groups, you need to be equipped with excellent writing capabilities. Any person can go ahead and upload a post to social media. However, not everyone is in a position to come up with winning pieces of content. That’s because you need to encourage engagement through the words you write. It requires a great deal of thoughtfulness and skills in order to come up with strong posts.
When you are into social media marketing, you will have to write lots of content. In such a situation, you will be tempted to cut corners. If you want to get the best results of time you spend, you should not allow that to happen. This will increase the time taken for you to come up with content. As a result, you will have to increase the resources who are working on the posts. If you want your business to grow in the future, you should never hesitate to increase the resources. It can be considered as one of the best investments that you can do in order to have a promising future.
How can I get started with social copywriting?
There are few ground rules that you should adhere when you are writing posts and uploading them to social media networks. If you don’t have a clear understanding on the limits, you will not be able to get the best possible results.
- Figure out the character limit
|Social Media Network||
|Up to 206 characters|
|Google Plus||No limit|
- Usage of hashtags
You don’t need to use hashtags in all the social media platforms. You just need to have a basic understanding of what social media networks can deliver the best results when hashtags are used. Hashtags can be used on social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. However, the concept of hashtags is not popular in Google Plus and LinkedIn
- Figure out the purpose of social media networks
You can find a large number of social media networks, which serve different purposes. Therefore, you need to have a clear understanding about the exact purpose of the social media networks that you are planning to use. Then you will be able to
|Social Media Network||Purpose|
|Facebook has received a lot of attention for driving traffic towards websites. It promotes posts related to both entertainment and news. In future, Facebook will provide more priority towards video content.|
|Twitter is well designed for shoutouts. Curation and retweeting are encouraged within this social media platform. It can be used as an excellent platform for promoting web content.|
|LinkedIn is a professional network. It is mainly used by businesses to get in touch with other business entities. A large number of articles are also being uploaded to LinkedIn.|
|Google Plus||Google Plus is the social media network owned by Google. Hence, it is compatible with all the products of Google, including YouTube.|
|Instagram is ideal for visual content, including short videos and static images. It is not the best source available to drive web traffic. However, Instagram can be used as a platform for visual branding.|
|Pinterest is an extremely visual social media network. Most of the people tend to get inspiration for projects via this social media network.|
A comprehensive formula to become a social copywriting ninja
Most of the formulas linked with copywriting are applicable for social media networks in today’s world. Here is a list of 6 guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you are engaged with social copywriting to end up with the best possible results.
- Provide a solution – You should always try to provide a solution to a problem that your potential customers are facing. It is better if you can agitate the problem and provide the solution to the question. You can take your product or service as an example and provide the solution.
- Help your customers to make their lives better – Your potential customers are always looking for effective methods to make their lives better. Therefore, you can think about promoting how your product or service is in a position to make their lives better.
- Grab the attention – You should always try to grab the attention of your potential customers when writing posts. Otherwise, the effort you spend on writing the posts would be in vain.
- Make everything clear – You should never make your potential audiences confused with the posts. They should be clear and concise. In addition, you need to look how to add credibility into the posts as well.
- Make it visual – It is better if you can combine a photo or a short video along with the posts you upload. Then you will be able to make everything look visual. This will create a good picture about what you offer in the minds of potential customers.
- Write in loops – You should never write the entire story in just one post. Instead, you will have to think about writing it in loops or in multiple posts. Then you can keep the readers curious and engaged.
Any business out there in the world can think about following these steps. Then you will be able to end up with the best possible results at the end of the day.
About The Author:
Ray Sherlock is the owner of Engage Hub, a Social Media Agency in Manchester, UK. We are a social media and influencer agency who have a passion for video, engaging content and disruptive campaigns.